Yesterday, a semi crashed into a building in Bucyrus, OH. A friend sent the picture to the left from the scene. Read one of the news report here. Luckily the driver of the semi made it out before significant structural collapse occurred.
Check out the video below that I stumbled upon today, which includes numerous pictures of the incident scene.
Now, make this a company drill. Here’s a few questions to consider.
- What is your size up report?
- What is your immediate collapse zone? Surrounding buildings evacuation?
- Utility concerns?
- Can you gain access to the semi if the victim was trapped?
- What additional resources are you going to need? Rescues? USAR? Heavy Wreckers? Construction Equipment?
- Who determines the structural status of the building? Will you contact a structural engineer?
Add to the discussion below.
Pass it on!